Image Map

Sunday, March 13, 2016

iPads for the Classroom

Happy Sunday friends :)

I finally did it! I posted my first donor's choose project a while back and now I want to share it all with you! 

Technology at my school isn't necessarily limited, what IS limited is access to the technology. In my classroom we only have 3 student laptops where student's can access i-Ready reading and math, and our other reading programs. While we do have two computer labs available for use we all know how hard it can be to be out of the classroom. 

Instead of trying to take my whole class to the computer lab once or twice a week (let's be real it would only be once if were lucky) I figure iPads would just be so much easier to handle. This is what leads to me donor's choose.


For those of you that don't know what Donors choose is, it's a website where teachers can post projects asking for any type of school related supplies. Then people can donate to your project to help it get funded. Once it is funded Donors Choose sends the materials to your school! About a month ago I finally submitted my first project, asking for 4 iPad mini's and cases. This way I can have 7 students versus 3 working within our reading and math programs at a time! On top of that theres more access during centers, and less time having to go to a computer lab and take away from key instructional time.

I wanted to share to let you all know about my project! If you would like to donate click here! If not, then don't worry, if you could take a moment to spread the word around I would greatly appreciate it. Best part, if you donate now and for a limited time your donation will be matched thanks to the #bestschoolday event that has been going on! Thank you for taking the time to read this, and in advance for those of you who do donate. 

Have a Cheerful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment