Image Map

Saturday, May 9, 2015

About Me

Hi! My name is Meghan. I'm a new teacher and blogger. I am a current Florida resident living next to my favorite place in the world...Walt Disney World! Any one who knows me will tell you that I am crazy for anything Disney. Heck my favorite movie is The Little Mermaid. This year I actually met Ariel with my best friend :) Can you say life made!

Anyways, while I do currently live in Florida I hail from the great state of Michigan. My family currently lives in Traverse City (the cherry capital). Traverse City is probably the most beautiful city in the summer and in the fall. While I miss my family dearly I am following my dream of being a teacher and that led me to Florida!

We, my boyfriend and I, moved here last July and are very happy here (especially with no snow!) We live in Orlando and adopted an adorable kitten in February named Mason. Poor guy was found in a dumpster and we are so glad we could give him a home :)

Back to why we came to Florida (I can get sidetracked easily). I received my first teaching job here last summer and packed up and moved. Michigan is extremely hard to get teaching jobs in especially as a new teacher so I knew I would have to look elsewhere. I currently teach in a very rough area at a title 1 school and teach 2nd graders. Boy do they keep me on my toes! Even though my job is very challenging the reward of teaching in this climate is so amazing. I know I am making a difference each day.

Well thats enough about me.... I am sure I will update this later :)

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting and willing spirit you have! I don't think I could pick up and move from home. I'm such a home-body!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am to Jen, It didn't come without it's struggles! I'm currently home now escaping the Florida heat!

      Delete